Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Hallows-eve!

Mu-ah-ah-ahhh! That was my attempt at a really spooky laugh. ;-)

Anyways, today is Friday, October 30th. Do you know what this means???? Halloween is tomorrow!!!!! What does Halloween bring (other than candy we shouldn't be eating)?? A very insanely COLD half marathon in Provo, UT. It has been so cold this week, but apparently it is supposed to warm up tomorrow. That's great and all for the actual valley floor.. but for us insane people running in costumes in the canyon along a river- it doesn't matter how much it's going to warm up. It's going to be FREEZING! There is no way around it and denial will just make you colder.

I'm not going to lie, I am really nervous for tomorrow. Not just because it's going to be cold, but because my mileage this last week has been really skimpy. My last real long run was on the 17th because I had a 5k this last Saturday. I'm just neverous that I am going to fall flat on my face and just seriously drag myself after mile 7. That's what happened last time. After mile 8- I just wanted to eat dirt and go home haha... I know that sounds weird- but I was dying! It was my own fault- I kicked up my pace WAY too early like I was running a 10k. I have been praying that I won't make the same mistake again. It'll be hard not to on this course though. The first 5 miles are down hill. This down hill isn't your run-of-the-mill down hill... it's STEEP! Steep like- make sure to waste a whole stick of 'Body Glide' on your feet to try and prevent blisters. Yeah, it's that good.

Anyways, so those are my thoughts for tomorrow. Stay tuned... I'll be posting pictures of my entire outfit later this evening! I know, you're all dying to see it ;-)

No comments: