Anyways, in honor of the New Year I wanted to write a post about my new goals (and ones that I am continuing). I love coming up with new year resolutions. It may be really cliche, but it's always fun to see what happens. Last year I didn't want to set myself up for failure, so, I decided to make a goal to send everyone in my family birthday cards. I can't really give much else at this point, but I wanted them to know that I was thinking of them. I am glad to say that I accomplished it and am going for it again this year. :-)
Usually around the holidays I put on some extra pounds from all the good food but I am proud to say that I didn't have that problem this year! I am continuing my weight loss (slowly, but surely!). I have been going up and down but have been consistently getting lower on the scale. I have decided to set smaller and more attainable goals.
We recently acquired a Wii Fit. It's not meant to help you drop tons of pounds or anything like that, but it keeps a chart for you with your goal and how much you have to go to get there. You can have it show you your progress for the week, 2 weeks or by months. It has been fun to use it.
One thing that I need to work on is recognizing the good things that I am doing or improving upon. I guess this is a start... right? Here comes 2009...
Some things I would like to commend myself for:
- Keeping a food "journal". I don't count calories- but I keep track of everything I eat (on most days...).
- Eating slower
- Getting up earlier
- Drinking more water
- Trying to throw as many veggies as I can into each meal
- Walking to work and trekking it through the snow with my boots :-)
- Being consistent in my workouts (even if it is just riding Wanda the Bike)
- Keeping a "stiff upper lip" as Jon says- not getting down if I lose track for one day