Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Princess Half

Alrighty, I cannot tell you how tricky formatting is today on the blog.  Oh well.  I just wanted to show off just a very few of the pictures we took during the race.  There are WAY more pictures and it was so hard to pick them... so I apologize if these don't completely tell the whole story.  

So, 3am came way too early for us on Feb. 27th!!  Thankfully, I felt like I had slept enough and I jumped right out of bed and started getting my gear together.  We were both a little out of it- but we were excited!!  We headed out of the hotel at 3:45am to catch the bus.  From there we went to Epcot.  We finished pinning on our numbers and checked our gear bags.  Then came the 20min walk to the starting line.  

It was super dark and I had no idea where we were.  We were just following the crowds until we got to the start and all the corrals.  We were in the very last one: F.  When the race started up "Fairy-god-mother" started each corral off and there were fireworks too!  Heh, our pictures of that were not pretty.  So, sorry. 

It took us 40 minutes to finally start after the first corral went.  It was amazing!  We kept it low key and slow.  We didn't care about time- just finishing.  However, mother nature decided to come around by mile 4 and we ended up waiting in some serious porta john lines.  Seriously, mile 1-5 went by fast and were a blur.  Then my knees decided to play a fun trick on me.  Usually it's my left knee that hurts... however, this time... it was my right knee.  Weirdly enough- skipping helped it feel better.  So there I was... skipping through Magic Kingdom- haha!  I figured- it's probably the only race in the world where it wouldn't be weird to be seen skipping... it is the most magical place on earth, right? ;-)


Magic kingdom was fantastic!  We ran through Cinderella's castle!  Shannon was giddy like a school girl and we were just having a ton of fun.  By mile 9 I was hurting bad.  I was shuffling and skipping at this point.  I felt so bad.  We were walking a ton too.  There was no way that I wasn't going to finish with Shannon.  She was nice enough to be slow with me :-)   *note the ice strapped to my legs in the pic below..


This race was amazing- minus the knees of course.  I would do this again in a heart beat.  Maybe next time I do it- I won't be injured and I can go for a PR maybe.  Wishful thinking!  I was so happy that I did this with my sister.  It gave us a chance to bond and share something.  I would totally love to get our other sister involved along with sis-in-laws.  Girls weekend??? Maybe??
 
   
       
BAM!  Check out that bling!!

4 comments:

Christy Weenig said...

Are you wearing a tiarra? Was that just for pics or did you wear that the whole time?

Crystal said...

Oh we totally wore the tiaras for the entire race :D It was really light and I couldn't even feel it. I think I forgot it was on after a while.

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh Crystal, I didn't see this until today. You totally captured the fun we had!! I did seem giddy... I had so much fun! This is my favorite place on earth and I loved every minute of it! There are only 2 things in this world I will get up for early in the morning.. on is Christmas morning and the other is a day at Disney :) Thanks for making this day fun and of course magical!!! It was so fun doing this together. I'd love to do it again!!

Danielle said...

You guys are so cute! Way to go!!