Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

2010

So, lately I have been hitting the gym and working out on the elliptical- whatever works, right??  Anyways, this last week I reflected a little bit about 2010 and not to sound all prideful or whatevs, but I have a lot to be proud of!

I know I have been focusing on my injury a lot, but I haven't taken the time to really sit down and see how much I really have accomplished. 

My goal for 2010 was originally to run the SLC marathon.  That was it.  I had that as a goal starting in 2009. 

I not only did the SLC marathon- but I ran a handful of half marathons

My last half- 1st place in age div. and I did it in under 2 hours! 1:50 baby!
I also ran the San Antonio marathon... yes my shirt says halloween... it wasn't.  There weren't really any good "after" shots from SA... believe me.  I am proud of myself for doing it... but I never want to relive the end of that race.  Well, maybe the part where a guy on a golf cart offered to drive me back to my car when he saw me holding onto the husband for dear life and hobbling back to the car after the finish.  That was pretty fantastic... yeah, I'd ride in a golf cart again... but that's it for that race :-)


Seriously though!  HOLY CRAP!  Not to mention that I got pretty speedy too.  My fastest mile time was pretty recent.  I ran it in 6:40ish!  Okay, so this is post foot surgery circa 2006... but they say all PR's only have a shelf life of 2 years anyways :-)


So, here is my plan for 2011.  Bowed out of the January marthon.. Check.  Will run the Princess Half Marathon at the end of Feb. with my sister!  I am also taking some serious time off of actual running.  This is a hard thing for me, but I know it's the right thing to do.  That means, lots of spinning, elliptical-ing, foam rolling, icing, pool running... and whatever else my body can do.  This is going to be an adventure for me- but I want to heal and if I ever want to get a BQ- this is what has to happen :-)  Depending on how the healing goes- I so want to qualify for Boston.  This is the ultimate goal (and dream!).  Boston is my home!! Of course I want to run it!! 

So, I have to give myself a pat on the back and not be so hard on myself.  Of course it totally sucks to have an injury, but it's not uncommon and I can use this as a time to learn and also reach out to other runners who have had the same problems.  I have been in contact with so many of you and it has been such a blessing to get to know all of you and to get tips and advice!


At least the Doc was right about one thing... we're all addicts :)

No comments: