Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What to do now?

It has been a little over a week from the San Antonio Marathon... and I have bad news.  My knee is still hurting.  The voice in my head says I probably have ITband issues... and I just don't want to believe it.  However, lets be honest, did I really believe I'd come this far without getting an injury?  The last time I had an injury was in Feb. 2006 and that just completely rocked my world. I had to have foot surgery and I had to put my love for running in the closet and it took me a very long time (2 years) to find it after I recovered.  I really don't want to go through that again now that I have found my groove!

I am going to a friend's for lunch today and she said she had some good doctor recommendations.  I just hope this is nothing serious. Hopefully he'll just tell me it's my shoes (like he told her).  I wish!

My gut tells me that I might not be running the marathon in January... or the 10k on Thanksgiving :-(  I wanted to earn my turkey this week too!

So, for those of you who have encountered this type of injury- any advice??  It doesn't hurt when I walk- only when I run.  I can't even make it a half mile before it's a very sharp pain right on the outside of my knee.  Then I stretch and walk and it feels better and then I go again and same thing- pain.  This isn't a pain I can personally run through either.  I can do the elliptical with very little problems and I can bike for the most part too.  So, my hope is that I can still cross train enough while still being able to run the marathon in January (that's a high hope...)

Question is... Do I rest tomorrow and go ahead and run the 10k on Thursday and still plan on the marathon in January, drop out of the 10k still plan on marathon, or drop out of both of them?  Decisions.. decisions...

No comments: