Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Little of this... little of that

So, for the past few days I have been looking at this blog and trying to figure out how to spice it up. As I was reading it.. I realized that I had failed to mention a ton. Like how I signed up and was doing the Spanish Fork half marathon!!! I just kind've sprung that one after I finished. Oops. Let's face it... you can't really spice up a blog when you haven't informed anyone of anything! Sorry about that- I'll work on it though.

Life just get's busy. It's especially busy this year. Jon is finishing up his last year of his masters and I am working full time and trying to reach my running and weight loss goals. Other than life being hard sometimes- life has been good to us and I can't complain.

Well, for things coming up: Tomorrow I am running the Racing Cane 6k. It's a charity run for children in the Dominican Republic. They have weird race distances (6k, 3k and 1k for kids) because this race benefits the children there who travel an average of 3k each way to school - many without decent shoes on their feet. I'm excited for it because we'll get to donate some shoes, but I'm also very hopeful that I'll be able to go all out on this one. Although, my boss had a mandatory business meeting today and provided pizza... this was my lunch break and I normally go home for lunch- so I didn't have any other choice but to eat the pizza (it was delicious... but I hope I ate it early enough so that I won't feel it on the run tomorrow!)

Other races I'm doing: I am for sure doing the Snow Canyon Half Marathon in St. George in November. It'll be a fun getaway too! The other half marathon I want to do is in October (Provo Halloween Half). I'm still weighing the pros and cons of that one and once I decide if I'm going to do it or not- I'll post it. :-)

No comments: