Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New routes and sadly.. a lot of dead frogs...

So.... WE MOVED INTO THE NEW HOUSE!!! We closed on July 28th and since then I have been painting, unpacking like a mad woman, running and figuring out new routes.... and all of my other responsibilities :)

Since moving here from Utah, it has been hard getting used to the REALLY flat roads. I mean, I should be relishing in it, however, I feel like I am getting a false sense of what my pace really is. Heh, like if I were to go to Utah tomorrow and try and run- I'd probably die... not just because of hills, but also the elevation too. I am worried about it though. The San Antonio RnR marathon is right around the corner and they've changed up the route and the last few miles are a gradual incline. Seriously?? Boo!


I will admit that I am starting to feel a little nervous for it. I did run 16miles two Saturdays ago and it felt good- but like I said... no hills... any advice for that? People say to hit the mill and put it an incline. I will let that be my LAST resort. So, seriously, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

So now for the dead frogs. I resisted taking pictures of them, but I cannot tell you how many dead frogs I have seen in the last 2 weeks. They aren't even in the road. They're on the sidewalks and they weren't driven over or anything. Are they just frying on the pavement?? It's so sad! One day I counted 10 dead frogs on my run. Sad.

The nice thing is that because it has been so brutally hot here (it is Houston after all) I have been leaving in the wee hours of the morning and I always get a nice sunrise. This picture doesn't do it justice.


1 comment:

Clyde J Criddle said...

We do have nice sun rises. I normally catch them on my way to work every day.