Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Why you all sweaty...?"

Napoleon Dynamite after practicing his dance moves :-)

Today after conference, I ran 5 miles!

It has been quite a while since I've run this far. The only confession that I have is... I didn't run it outside... I ran it at the gym on the treadmill. Not the best, I know. It was really cold outside and was raining and snowing a little bit. I didn't want to get stuck in that and get sick (because I always do if I'm out in the cold rain).

It felt really good. :-) My goal was to go 6 miles but, I was running out of time and I had to get back home so that I could take Jon to priesthood session (parking is a nightmare!). Either way, I'm happy with my work out :-) Hopefully the scale will be happy too.... heh.

Here is my shameless plug for the Zune... I love it! Jon has been helping me put movies on it so I can watch them while I'm on the elliptical or treadmill. The movies get me through longer runs- something to laugh about or exciting action scenes to get you moving faster. I know they have tv's at the gym and you can plug in and listen to whatever the tvs are on... but I'm never really interested in what's on- so this way, I can choose what I want to watch and it's better than sitting at home and watching it.

My only small complaint that is entirely my own fault (b/c I chose the type of zune I have): It would be better if I had a bigger screen (I only have the 8gb one-it's a lot smaller), but it's still pretty awesome. In case you care to know... I have watched: Princess Diaries (haha), Twilight and Stardust (awesome movie- you should really see it). Remember.. I said that mine is only 8gb and I have tons of music and these movies on there... well these and Enchanted and Cinderella (I'm such a dork).

Shameless plug over.

The last thing I wanted to say is that I signed up to run a 5k when we're in New Hampshire in May. I'm really excited because I'm getting some of my family to do it with me. A couple years ago- they would have laughed at me for asking them to do it w/ me. In the last 2 years a few of my siblings really got into gear and made it a goal to be healthier- and they have succeeded! I'm really proud of them and am excited that we can share something in common now and celebrate our accomplishments together- which doesn't happen too often because of distance and oddly enough- age differences.

2 comments:

Clyde J Criddle said...

I ran about 6 miles on Friday because I couldn't go to the gym after work (Anne was singing in the choir concert.)

I can hardly walk now!

Anne said...

The family that runs together.....now if you could just get Jon to run with you. But then with his knees, I guess that won't happen. Someone has to be there to cheer you on.