Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Giddy like a school girl!

Okay, I just have to share this...

I ran FOUR miles yesterday.... ready for it? 

With NO pain.  None.  Zip.

Happiness.

Sorry, I just had to share!!  It felt liberating and like I was back.  I know I can't get ahead of myself, but it still felt great!

I'm pretty sure some of you follow Tricia over at Endurance Isn't Always Physical  she put out a post not too long ago talking about getting back on track (the 21 days post).  I will admit, I have been slacking in the eating department and I just wasn't feeling the greatest.  I felt sluggish and grody.  So, she inspired me to get back up to snuff and take control again.  I whipped out my little calorie counter/food journal and it feels so good to feel accountable again. 

"Biggest Loser" update with my family:  We now have a total of 11 people involved!! How exciting!  Everyone is doing fantastic!  It has been great in other ways though- we have all been communicating more.  I am the only one who lives far away.  So, for me, it has been a great way to communicate with all of them. It's nice to hear tips from everyone and see what's working (or what's not working) for them- even if it's something we may already know.  Keep up the great work everyone!!  Our top "loser" so far has lost a little over 5% of their body weight!  Incredible!

One last thing- I am turning 26 on Monday!! I always had it in my head that I would run 26 miles for my 26th birthday.  However, due to my awesome injury and stuff- it just isn't going to happen.  So, I challenged my family to help me get in 26miles.  I said that I would do at least 4 of those miles and then I asked if they'd be willing to at least do 2 miles in some way- whether it's walking, crawling, skipping, running... whatever.   Best birthday gift ever :-)

No comments: