Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

First day back!

So, this morning I got to RUN!  Excitement!  I  told myself that I could only do 1 mile.  I knew that if I did more than that that I would get carried away and overdo it.  I took it nice and easy and didn't try to push the pace.

It was amazing!

1 mile in 8:44

There wasn't pain during the run, however, afterwards I went on a walk with a friend and my knee was in pain.  Not horribly awful... but enough that I was glad that I only did 1 mile.  It's frustrating that that's where I am right now.  I know that if I wasn't in pain I could go so much further... that has to count for something, right?

Then I came home and had my favorite bucket-o-salad :-)  Spinach, bell peppers, onion, cucumber, tomato, mushroom and turkey. 



Today I got an amazing phone call from my dad informing me that my family was starting a "biggest-loser" weight loss challenge!  I couldn't contain my excitement!  Haha.... So the husband and I got on skype tonight and watched the "weigh-in".  My family lives in NH and we are in TX and I am SO thankful for skype!  Anyways, we also weighed in here too.  It is going to be for 12 weeks!  I'm so glad that my family is on board to do this.  It really makes my heart happy.

One last thing I guess... I am looking into becoming a personal trainer.  I'm just a little nervous about it.  I'm nervous about shelling out the bucks to do it and then not get a job doing it.  Any advice??  I just think that it would be so rewarding to help others reach their goals.  It's right up my ally too!  Like I'm seriously busting at the seams with excitement to help motivate my family to get healthy!  I am currently looking at doing AFAA for my certification.   There is a training certification like 2 miles miles down the street at the YMCA the weekend of May 6th.  I'm just not sure what to do.  Humph!  I just keep going back in forth with myself about it.  

1 comment:

Allie said...

Congrats on being "BACK." It's gotta feel great. I'm itchin' to get back into it after the wee one arrives. As far as personal trainer-ness goes, have you talked to Danielle Firth? She would be an EXCELLENT person to consult. I don't have her number, but I do have their blog if you already don't (I don't think it's private):
http://thefirths.blogspot.com/