Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Help!! Stuck in a rut!

So, I realize that this blog is probably VERY boring- and for that- I am really sorry... well, not really.. but kind've ;-)

I know I haven't posted very many runs lately. I promise I have been running. Since Jon has come home, I have been a little bit of a slacker. Can you blame me? We've just been really busy. We've had a lot of get-togethers w/ friends and family. I had a lot of fun though, don't you worry :-) it was ALL worth it! Esp. the night we had Criddle Famous Cherry Pie. If only I could learn how to make it. Although, if I did... I would make every excuse ever to make it every week and we all know that that would not help my waistline!

Anyways, I am here to tell you that I am stuck... in an endless feeling rut. I have lost 16lbs since I started my journey back in March. I'm coming up on 6 months at the end of September. I have 4lbs to go to meet my first goal (lose 20lbs in 6 months). It's realistic to finish and to meet it.. but I'm telling you... these last 4 lbs are going to be the hardest of them all! This last month... I have fluctuated between... oh fine.. i'll just tell you- b/c i'm sure you're just dying to know! 127-129. I will have lost 20lbs (from when i started counting) when I get to 124. I'm so dang close!!

So, I'm going to ask any of my "fans" (haha) for some help... meaning people who are reading this because they have lost their favored Harry Potter or Twilight book, who stumbled onto this thinking they were going to get motivated by a stranger or just my sweet husband who reads it because his "google reader" tells him I posted something new.

I'm asking YOU for some motivation. Anything from quotes, stories, tips, recipes (can't pass those up) or just something to kick up my exercise.... I would greatly appreciate it.

C'mon.. wouldn't you love to see before and after pics? Not that I really thought to take a real "before" picture... but I'm sure I can find one somewhere.

After I finish these last 4 stinking pounds I will have 9 to go to get to 115... and there is this amazing light yellow dress in storage that is dying to be worn again and I don't want to have to suck in to China to get it on- haha!

Oh and btw- for those of you who have no idea- I am 4'11" and 115lbs is a perfectly fine weight for my height. So, no worries, I'm not completely out of my mind ;-). But for now... 124... HERE I COME!!

2 comments:

Brittny said...

So I don't know much about dieting in general since I've never had the self discipline to go on a real diet. However, I've heard some different ideas on how to lose weight from diets that I've heard people go on. One thing I've heard proposed is that you should drink a lot of ice water - the theory behind that being that the water is super cold and it takes more calories to get your body back to homeostasis after drinking it. Which makes sense to me, but it also sounds like a crock, so do with that what you will.

The other thing I've heard is a lot more solid - eating soup. Since a lot of soups are basically water they fill you up without adding calories. That way your stomach feels happy and full, but you haven't really eaten a lot of calories. Plus, they're usually healthy things that you are eating (vegetables etc) so it's good for you anyways.

I don't know how much help that is, but those are the only ideas I have. Mostly I wanted to wish you the best of luck with the last few pounds. I've heard they're the hardest.

Michelle said...

Check out this recipe for when you HAVE to have something sweet.
http://doesthisbabymakemelookfat.blogspot.com/
We do it with regular milk and no flaxseed.